by Alana J. Mauger
On Oct. 4, State and County officials joined College Trustees, President, faculty, staff and students to re-dedicate College Hall at Montgomery County Community College’s Central Campus in Blue Bell. The recent renovations further strengthening the impact of the College’s student support services, strategically uniting them through the building’s design and features.
Key areas include:
- Student Success Center – Advising, Counseling, Career Services, Testing, Veterans Affairs, Disability Services Center
- Enrollment Services – Integrated, one-stop services to assist student with admissions, registration and financial Aid
- Brendlinger Library – College Archives, Tutorial Services, Grant Center, Computer Laboratories
- Student Leadership & Involvement – Student clubs and organizations, student recreation areas
- Administrative Offices – Human Resources, Finance & Administration, Public Safety, Health & Wellness
- Tutorial Services – formerly the Learning Assistance Lab, this new and improved space provides free customized academic assistance based on their learning styles.
The recent renovations include high tech meeting rooms with smart technology. The new, modernized library includes a Presidential Library Reading Room, an internet café, a children’s reading space and housing for the Betzwood Silent Film special collection.
The 125,313 square foot-facility is designed in alignment with the College’s Sustainability Initiative. Renewable materials were used throughout the project, and 100% of demolished materials were recycled. In addition, controlled lighting, water reduction, and other energy efficiencies were implanted to reduce the building’s carbon footprint. The College plans to seek LEED certification for the facility in the near future.
The $24.8 million renovation project designed by the architectural firm of Fletcher Thompson was funded through a combination of public support from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the County of Montgomery.
Click below to watch a full video of the re-dedication ceremony.