by Diane VanDyke
The aphorism, “it’s not what you know but who you know,” rings true in today’s world, particularly for new entrepreneurs who need to network and build connections for the success of their businesses.
Montgomery County Community College’s Center for Entrepreneurial Studies (CES), as a member of the Quorum Strategic Partner Alliance, now offers more of these opportunities for its constituents through preferred access to the Quorum space and affiliated programming.
Quorum, located at the Science Center, Suite 800, 3711 Market St., Philadelphia, is a 4,000 square-foot facility with Wi-Fi, plug-and-play stations with interactive LCD screens and informal offices with comfortable furnishings.
This new state-of-the-art space provides the perfect place to meet other entrepreneurs and potential clients and learn about resources throughout the Greater Philadelphia region.
Quorum, however, is much more than a meeting venue. It offers an array of programs to develop relationships among entrepreneurs, innovators, funders and resource organizations.
Quorum’s programs include:
- Access2Capital—grant-writing workshops and education for entrepreneurs on approaching investors
- Coffee and Capital—monthly informal Q&A sessions with area investors
- Angel Education – quarterly information sessions for Angel investors on a variety of sectors ripe for investment
- Smart Talk—quarterly business-building advice for entrepreneurs; and
- Lunch for Hungry Minds—monthly presentations of scientific work by regional academic researchers.
Connect with Quorum on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Also visit www.sciencecenter.org/programs/Quorum or contact Elizabeth Pretz at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-966-6243.
For more information about Montgomery County Community College’s Center for Entrepreneurial Studies and/or its business incubator, contact CES Director Ayisha Sereni at email@example.com or 215-461-1147 or visit www.mc3.edu/ces.